Last year we launched some new sharing features that were a first in the banking industry. We’ve made a recent enhancement to this service that we are excited to share with you.
As you may know, SmartyPig users have the option to securely connect their existing Twitter and/or Facebook account to goals that they have chosen to share with friends and family. When Twitter is connected to a shared SmartyPig goal, SmartyPig will automatically post to that Twitter account any time funds are added toward meeting that goal. The Facebook connect feature works similarly, posting to the Facebook user’s wall every time funds are added toward meeting a goal that he or she has chosen to share.
The best part about this connectivity is that the posts and tweets happen automatically. So even if you are not logged in to your SmartyPig, Twitter or Facebook account, SmartyPig will continue to post tweets and wall posts on your behalf when funds have been added to your goal.
Even better, you now have the ability to designate the specific time at which you would like SmartyPig to post to your Twitter and/or Facebook account for your recurring scheduled contributions. Are your friends more active in the morning? Would you prefer to send information at night? The choice is yours! Share your dreams and aspirations with your social network. Chances are you’ll get encouragement and possibly a little cash from friends or family members who want to help you on your way!
As always, good luck with your goals!
Mike Ferrari, SmartyPig co-founder
We decided to have a last miniute impromptu twitter contest and giveaway one $25 SmartyPig gift card to the first 20 people that responded via twitter to the following question:
Here are the winners! If you see your name listed below, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your twitter username, first and last name and shipping address to where we can send you your $25 gift card.
- Splendor: @SmartyPig I save by biking to work.
- dsmisnotboring: Well, I use @smartypig to save $$.
- cahnimeals: @smartypig I save at smarty pig !!!
- dopeymouse05: @smartypig I save by using coupons!
- kmevaul: @smartypig coupon clipping!
- ggadventures: @SmartyPig I work at the local running store on the weekends to get reduced costs on my favorite hobby!
- twigglesMG: @smartypig I save at least 5% of my earnings each week.
- amberweinberg: @SmartyPig I use smartypig to put 20% of freelance pay I get!
- Raggys: @SmartyPig I never eat out w/o using a restaurant.com coupon
- rxt403: @smartypig I always try to save $5 bills that I come across for a stash of emergency cash! Thanks!
- rbittmann: @SmartyPig I bring my lunch to work!
- brettlhart: @SmartyPig eat out less and bring a lunch
- amandamorrow: @SmartyPig Coupons!!
- grantkimm: @SmartyPig I eat at my desk to save $
- XineSoundclash: @smartypig I get my textbooks from Amazon for wayyyy cheaper!
- dyanysus1116: @SmartyPig put my change in an empty coffee tin then put it in savings. it adds up!
- KateLWilson: @SmartyPig I pay myself first! Money comes out on the 2nd and 15th of every month into my savings acct and IRA!
- CaseyG2782: @smartypig saving for vacation!!!
- jmpedron: @smartpig i save using smartypig
- lisaboldini: @smartypig I turn down the heat!
Thanks to everyone who played today! Never know when the next one will be!
Mike Ferrari, co-founder
Today we found our winners by picking from the pool of correct answers to the following trivia question: SmartyPig gift cards come in 4 denominations, what are they? Not one wrong answer was given, seems as though everyone knows that you can get a gift card in the amount of $25, $50, $100 or $500.
We had about 180 answers, randomized to the top 20 and picked 3 winners:
Thanks to everyone who played and good luck in next month’s contest. Just so you know, here are the top 20: artificialrobot, wmharp, JenniferRyther, B_PhotoStudio, mikesum32, havana@ (Facebook), Juan_Medina@ (Facebook), AngelaDRC, dcmassar@ (Facebook), XineSoundclas, AdaliaDavis, RoboJenny, lvmuir@ (Facebook), j_hollender, jmccarthy300, parterburn, tanyahkeith@ (Facebook)
It’s that time of the month, again! SmartyPig will be giving away three $100 gift cards through our monthly Twitter contest – Thursday, April 29 at 11 CST. We will tweet a question and give our followers 15 minutes to reply for a chance to win.
- After 15 minutes, we will be picking 20 random people with a number generator from the pool of correct answers.
- We’ll use an old favorite to help in selecting three gift card winners.
- We’ll post the process here on our blog, so everyone can follow along!
- You’re following us on Twitter or are a fan on Facebook
- We’ll ask the $100 question on Thursday, April 29 at 11am CST.
- Answer the question correctly for your chance to win!
- If you are answering via Facebook, you will need to email us the answer (email to be provided at contest time) within the 15 minute time frame.
Remember: if you don’t already have a SmartyPig account, it’s free to set one up! Winner must be in the US.
In celebration of March Madness (and Spring), we had 8, yes 8 $100 gift card winners this month! 4 of those lukcy winners were chosen on the 18th, while the remaining 4 won today!
For the second contest of the month, we asked ‘When does interest on a SmartyPig account begin to accrue?’ The answer is: Interest begins to accrue once the funds have been received by SmartyPig and have posted to your account. This means that SmartyPig has collected the funds and West Bank has full use of said funds. For your security, funds may take up to 2-business banking days to post to your account.
Of course, we accepted all sorts of variations of that answer for almost 200 correct answers into the pool! We randomized our list to 16 and picked the 4 $100 SmartyPig gift card winners:
You’ll know the top 16 by watching the video! Thank you to everyone for playing and good luck next month!