Over the past seven days, our contest has helped thousands of current and new SmartyPig customers create goals, as they look to reverse the credit-card mindset of “buy now, pay later.” We are hearing stories of remorse and optimism. We are seeing the SmartyPig story spread far and wide. And everyone (us included) is anxiously awaiting the live Iowa pig race to take place on September 28, 2010, as one lucky contestant will “Race Out of Debt” with nearly $5,000!
There’s still plenty of time to enter! See full entrance details and rules here:
Are you one of millions of Americans living with Credit Card Debt? The average American’s credit card debt hit an 8-year low this summer, bringing the national average to $4,951 – down 13% from $5,719 last year. Americans are doing better… But who couldn’t use a big boost to get over the hump?
That’s why we are going to help one lucky contestant “Race Out of Debt” with a cash prize of $4,951 to put toward his or her credit card bills, holiday gifts, a much-needed vacation or whatever they choose! The process is simple, the reward large, and both new and existing customers are eligible. The contest officially begins this morning, September 14, 2010, at 10 AM CT and will remain open until September 27, 2010, at 10 AM CT.
On Monday, September 27, 2010, SmartyPig will randomly choose eight finalists. Each finalist will be assigned to a pig on the SmartyPig Farm. These pigs will then race to determine which lucky contestant wins the grand prize. On Tuesday, September 28, 2010, we will post the video of the SmartyPig race and officially announce the “Race Out of Debt” winner!
How do I enter? It’s easy…
- New and existing users must add a NEW goal under the NEW category, “Race Out Of Debt“
- Follow the instructions to set up and activate your new SmartyPig goal.
- Enter your qualified checking or savings account from your credit union or bank.
- Make the initial deposit requirement of $25. Remember this is NOT an entrance fee. You will automatically begin earning 1.75% APY, have access to up to 14% cash back at many retailers, and you always have the option to redeem the $25 + interest earned back to your checking or savings account.
- Follow each step closely as failure to complete all steps will disqualify you from the contest.
Full contest rules here:
Official press release can be found here.
Best of luck in all your savings goals!
The SmartyPig Team